Introduce Yourself!

Introduce Yourself!

Posted by unicefsocial on Jan 10, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi everyone! We'd love our community members to get to know each other better. Please use this thread to introduce yourself, tell us where you're from and why you're involved with UNICEF!
Believe in ZERO!

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Posted by tbroughel on Jan 11, 2013 12:22 pm

I live in Brooklyn, NY and love UNICEF. I have hosted UNICEF fundraisers and would love to learn more I can help support kids around the world!

Posted by rachaelswanson on Jan 11, 2013 6:44 pm

Hello! 

I've participated and led in UNICEF Programs for about 6 year now.  There are a number of great programs and activities.  Let me know if you need ideas.

Re: My name is Ruth

Posted by ryeskel on Jan 12, 2013 9:58 am

Hi Eveyone,
I am new to the site and new to the programs and wanted to know how could i help and be part of one.
my name is Ruth my background was technologies all aspects of it, currently i am a broker - born in Egypt, grew up in Tel Aviv and have a cross cultural background.
would appreciate any help in the matter, different programs and how to enroll etc... thanks.

Posted by ciestupinan on Jan 12, 2013 11:45 am

Hi everyone!
I'm Cristina and am a first year student at St. Lawrence University. I am really interested in starting a UNICEF club at school. I want to make others more aware of what goes on in the outside world, and have other help me make a difference in the lives of children everywhere. My problem is: what are some things the UNICEF unversity clubs do? Many students won't join because they aren't sure of what commitments they'd have to make. Can anyone help me?

Thanks and happy new year!

Posted by ashleyana on Jan 15, 2013 9:28 am

My name is Ashley, and I like to be simple. I care about the welfare of children. Most of all I love being with them, looking into their eyes, playing with them, singing to them and so many other enjoyable, healthy activities to do in their presence. Matthew 19:14

Posted by unicefsocial on Jan 15, 2013 1:00 pm

Great to meet all of you! Welcome Ashley, Cristina and Ruth!

Cristina, that's a great question. Campus group members are expected to raise awareness of global issues (both within the group and in the community), advocate for children's rights (with legislators and the public) and hold fundraisers. We've seen Campus Initiative groups hold bake sales, collect coins along "miles of change," invite guest speakers, visit local schools, and Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF, among many other activities.

If this sounds like it would be of interest, please join the UNICEF Campus Iniative Action Center section for more information.
Believe in ZERO!

Posted by mikot on Jan 15, 2013 2:57 pm

My name is Miko. I work at the U.S. Fund for UNICEF in NYC as the Campus Initiative Public Ally. I believe in the work we are doing because there should not be a single child dying or lacking in the resources needed to thrive when something can be done about it. The grassroots efforts of our volunteers can create amazing things, especially when young people are engaged and involved. I work with UNICEF college clubs across the country and provide them with the resources they need to help UNICEF achieve ZERO!

Posted by kondaravalika on Jan 15, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi Eveyone,
I am new to the site  and wanted to know how could i help and be part of one. I live in chicago . I recently finished my Medical school.

Posted by taradillon03 on Jan 17, 2013 11:44 am

Hi everyone!

My name is Tara and I am a recent college graduate living in the NYC area. I'm new to the site (just joined yesterday!) and I'm looking to help in anyway I can. What are the options for those who work full time and wouldn't be able to hold a fundraiser themselves? I look forward to volunteering soon!

Posted by action_center_admin on Jan 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi Tara,
If you want to volunteer but can't fundraise, there are a few options. Advocacy is a good place to start. Keep an eye on the advocacy page to see if we are soliciting volunteers to help support any legislative causes. The UNICEF USA facebook page often has online actions that it asks users to support as well.

We also have many campaign based options, so I'd recommend joining the UNICEF Tap Project campaign. We start recruiting UNICEF Tap Project volunteers next week, and they'll be asked to help support a digital campaign in March in support of World Water Week. The End Trafficking Campaign also has opportunities for volunteers.

I hope this is helpful!
The Action Center Team  

Posted by afireinaflask@gmail.com on Jan 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Gianne and I am the president of Motivation HS's very own Unicef Club. During my time in NY, I was an active member of the Unicef Club at Cardozo HS, and I have continued my advocacy after my move to Philadelphia. I hope to find many volunteer opportunities for the Philadelphia area (we are currently at a loss for events), and continue to represent Unicef in the best way I can. 

Posted by subhazit@live.com on Jan 22, 2013 12:55 pm

Hi Everyone im Subhajit from India, I'm working in Child Health Sector ( UNICEF Supported project) ,  Mainliy for 2 projects i'm implementing i.e Integrated management of neonatal & Childhood Illness another one is Routine Immunization .

Posted by hassanbadru on Jan 24, 2013 1:21 pm

I'm Hassan. I live in Boston, Massachussetts. Before I moved to Boston, I was involved with UNICEF in Washington DC primarily because I supported its cause.  The fact that children are the future of the world makes them the most important assets for any future improvement in the world, so supporting these kids is a cause worth fighting for. I began participating in different activities to support this cause and ever since then I remained actively involved.

I love UNICEF and I believe in Zero.
- Hassan
Hassan A Badru

Posted by unicefsocial on Jan 24, 2013 3:08 pm

Awesome seeing so many new faces!

Hassan, I remember seeing you at the Call to Action event last summer. Happy to see that you're still fighting for the kids!
Believe in ZERO!

Posted by mjc30@students.uwf.edu on Jan 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi Everyone im Micheal from Florida, I recently joined the UNICEF to become a volunteer. I really am interested in this organization, and I'm happy to see so many people trying to help out young children. 

Posted by jessicasullivan17@hotmail.com on Jan 26, 2013 6:37 pm

Hello fellow UNICEFers (: I'm Jessica and I live in Clearwater, Florida. I'm a senior in high school. My friends and I had the idea to bring UNICEF to our school this year. It has been very successful! Every dollar counts....never underestimate what  a small donation can do. It will add up.

Some successful events we've done throughout the year:
Halloween Party held at my house.
We made Halloween Candy Grams and sold them at school.
Made wooden beaded bracelets and sold them at school.
Today, we held the fundraiser "Capture the Flag for Freedom!" a Capture the Flag game to prevent human trafficking.
Also, I have recently gotten in touch with a local proffesor who is knowledgeable on human trafficking who is coming to talk to the club memebrs. 
And we've already found future leaders (Juniors in high school) that can the future leaders of the club once we graduate!

The most important thing I've learned is not to feel guilty for being privledged, but instead to take action for those who are not. There is no excuse for not taking action! 

I love UNICEF, it is the most reliable and respected organization, and I'm looking forward to being a part of UNICEF throughout my whole life. Children are our future. Every child deserves to reach their full potential. I believe in ZERO!

Posted by chellutz@gmail.com on Jan 26, 2013 10:42 pm

Hey! My name is Chelsea. I just graduated from college. I live in Cleveland Ohio and I joined Unicef because I want to make a difference, help people and make our world better. I'm very against any human trafficking and I want to do all I can to prevent/stop it. I'm not really sure how I am going to help yet but I want to. Have a good day/night!

Posted by stothearah2009@gmail.com on Jan 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Hello!! I'm Sarah and I just joined today (01.30.2013). I'm a current college student in Dayton, ohio and am looking to make friends who share the same passion as I do, and to attend a lot of events held throughout the year :) I can't wait to get started! :)

Posted by vivian.nguyen908@gmail.com on Jan 30, 2013 6:04 pm

Hello! My name is Vivian and I've been affiliated with UNICEF for 7 years. I'm a member of my school's United Nations club and I feel it is really important that the younger generation is interactive with the world around them. That is why a founded the first UNICEF club in my state! 

Posted by rdm5026@rit.edu on Jan 31, 2013 11:56 am

hello,

My name is Rueben and live in Rochester, NY. I have always wanted to get involved with Unicef and am finally doing so. I am and undergraduate and want to help in any way possible. The first thing that got my attention to get involved with Unicef was the soccer team Barcelona. I cant wait to do everything possible!

Posted by unicefsocial on Feb 1, 2013 11:35 am

Welcome Sarah, Rueben and Vivian! Loving your passion!
Believe in ZERO!

Posted by lauren_christie7@yahoo.com on Feb 1, 2013 3:52 pm

Hello UNICEF!

I'm Lauren and I'm in Orange County, Ca.
ready to do what I can to help,
not sure where to start but I'm here!!!!

Posted by candiced-d on Feb 4, 2013 1:36 am

Hi, I'm Candice D. I am a blogger for social good (www.ithinkiwantiwill.com). You can follow me on Twitter and Instagram (i_thinkwantwill) and I also have a Facebook page linked to my blog, www.facebook.com/ithinkiwantiwill. I joined UNICEF because I've seen children in the Philippines who have hopes and dreams for themselves and their families, but unfortunately don't have the resources to achieve them. I would like to hopefully be one of the people who will help children like them reach their goals and grow up to be great citizens of this world. 

Posted by vlipaann on Feb 13, 2013 2:59 am

Hi everyone!
I'm Felippa, I'm from Indonesia, but I'm studying at Diablo Valley College.
Children are my passion, and coming from Indonesia, seeing the condition that Indonesian children are in, I really wanted to do something for them.

Best of luck to us all :)
Sort:

Become a Volunteer

Not yet a registered UNICEF volunteer? Join us!

Included Files

uploaded by awanfeclement