Question of the Week 1/15: Favorite Ways to Give Back

Question of the Week 1/15: Favorite Ways to Give Back

Posted by unicefsocial on Jan 15, 2013 1:29 pm

How do you give back to the global community? Have you held a fundraiser or participated in a charity run? Maybe you're an active volunteer at your school, church or an organization you support? However you get involved, we want to know!
Believe in ZERO!

Re: Question of the Week 1/15: Favorite Ways to Give Back

Posted by ashleyana on Jan 16, 2013 12:10 pm

I share my temporal blessings (i.e. money) with causes similar to the work of UNICEF but that also include Faith-based initiatives, I buy Fair Trade items, I support youth and their different artistic/culturally diverse gifts, I like to support organizations that raise money to send youth abroad (i.e. a missions trip with a Church or other service and learning orientated trips with local non-profits)

Posted by tbroughel on Jan 16, 2013 4:40 pm

I made an online fundraising page and reached out to friends and family to support. It is super easy!

Posted by cyber.manas@gmail.com on Jan 16, 2013 6:51 pm

I look to give back to the community by volunteering my time and energy at local initiatives such as Loaves and Fishes (a food pantry) and also by sharing my knowledge with individuals in the community (i.e. through computer lessons for senior citizens, tutoring younger students, etc.) 

Posted by joy.alise on Jan 20, 2013 6:58 pm

I give back to the global community by constantly sharing information. Whether it is a simple face-to-face conversation, Facebook or Twitter. I believe that sharing the truth can be a powerful tool. I LOVE social media :) I use it to introduce my local community to the global community :) 

Posted by action_center_admin on Jan 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Thanks for the great ideas Joy, Manas and Ashley! These are some great starter ideas for new volunteers. Keep it up!

Posted by unicefsocial on Jan 24, 2013 3:05 pm

Joy, we love social media too! Have you seen our Social Action Plan?: http://bit.ly/USF-social-community

Every week, we update the plan messaging and actions to raise awareness of issues affecting that global community. (In the weeks ahead, we're trying to spread the word about UNICEF's winterization efforts in Syria.)
Believe in ZERO!

Posted by brittanystopa@gmail.com on Jan 28, 2013 5:55 pm

I'm the secretary of the UNICEF club at my college, and we host events for fundraising, educating, and advocating on behalf of UNICEF! Coming up soon, we will be selling Valentine-o-grams, a favorite amongst students on our campus!
Sort:

Become a Volunteer

Not yet a registered UNICEF volunteer? Join us!