Greetings from the New York City Global Citizenship Fellow

Greetings from the New York City Global Citizenship Fellow

Posted by newyorkuniceffellow_jessica on May 8, 2013 11:55 am

Hi UNICEF Supporters!!!!

My name is Jessica O'Herron and I am the New York City Global Citizenship Fellow. As such, I work to mobilize the New York City Community around the life-saving work that UNICEF does, support advocacy efforts for the rights of women and children around the world, and foster global citizenship within the Greater New York City Area. One of the best parts of my role as Global Citizenship Fellow, is that I get to support YOU, the volunteers, High School Clubs, Campus initiatives, teachers, community partners, and global advocates! Whether it is supplying you with information or ideas, I am here to support you in the crucial work you are doing.

If you are interested in getting more involved in our volunteer opportunities, domestic campaigns (including UNICEF Tap Project, End Trafficking, Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF, TeachUNICEF, Live Below the Line), special events, or just to speak with a fellow global citizen, I would love to hear from you. Feel free to connect to connect with me on the Action Center, leave a response below, or email me at joherron@unicefusa.

I look forward to building the movement with you!

Jessica

Re: Greetings from the New York City Global Citizenship Fellow

Posted by action_center_admin on May 8, 2013 1:41 pm

Thanks for the introduction Jessica - and welcome!

Posted by fco2811@hotmail.com on May 9, 2013 10:59 am

Hi Jessica - 

I just joined and am interested in learning more about how I can help!  I've only looked around the site a bit and it appears that mainly they want us to host events ourselves, is that correct?  I'd be interested in helping out at/attending some events other people hosted first just to learn how they work, best practices, etc. before hosting something myself.  

Is the a place I can view a list of all upcoming events?  I tried searching the map and only saw 1 thing in NYC.  Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?  

Thanks! 

Posted by newyorkuniceffellow_jessica on Jun 17, 2013 10:43 am

Hi!

Thank you for your response.  You are correct in thinking that the event and fundraising map is the best way to see what is going on in NY. As for ways you can become involved and help,  I would be happy to speak with you further.  Why don't you email me at joherron@unicefusa.org and we can set up a ime for us to chat.

Looking forward to hearing from you!  
Sort:

Become a Volunteer

Not yet a registered UNICEF volunteer? Join us!