Do you want to help children in need?

Do you want to help children in need?

Posted by nikkibthatsme@gmail.com on Jul 24, 2013 7:30 pm

Hi everyone! I'm sure as active members and volunteers of UNICEF, you all are concerned about the rights and condition of children. One particular country children especially suffer in is India. Through my trips to India, I have been exposed to many instances of child beggars coming up to me begging for change in their soiled hands when they should be in school getting an education, children laboriously working on the street when they should be doing their homework, and children eating out of garbage cans to fill their skeleton-like stomachs when they should be eating nutritious food to grow into stronger adults. These children have done nothing wrong in their innocent lives; they were simply born to a poor family. So why must they suffer, why must they be destined to live in destitution for the rest of their, statistically, short lives? You can do something to help them escape from this endless cycle of poverty! I am hosting a fundraiser near me for the organization CRY America, a 501c3 charity dedicated to providing long lasting change to these children, and I can use all the help I can get. Please spread the word!! Here is a link to my fundraising page, please make a donation, no amount is too small! http://america.cry.org/cryevents/walk/NJ_Walk_2013/Nikki Contact me for more information at nikkibthatsme@gmail.com
Sort:

Become a Volunteer

Not yet a registered UNICEF volunteer? Join us!