Introduce Yourself!

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Posted by megs3160@yahoo.com on Oct 6, 2013 1:29 pm

My name is Megan, and I'm from Temple City. Though this is probably a city no one has ever heard of, there are people with big hearts and big dreams who would as much as they can to make a change. I'm involved with UNICEF because i just honestly love helping others. These children from third world many countries don't really have much necessities, and just knowing that breaks my heart. Though i may not know all of these children personally, i know all of them need something- either food, medicine, clothes, and even love. 

Posted by alexa_tx231@hotmail.com on Oct 6, 2013 11:40 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Alexandra. I was born in the United States but i was raised in Bogota, Colombia South America for most of my life. I feel the need to give back to others and help people in any way I can. I would love to dedicate my life to helping those in need. I honestly just want to lend a helping hand to anyone who needs it. This is what makes me happy.

Re: Hi i am Nazmul

Posted by nhshojib88@gmail.com on Oct 8, 2013 9:04 am

Hi, everyone

I am new and I am trying to find how I can help Unicef.

Posted by afarnick@hlwwschools.org on Oct 11, 2013 9:32 pm

Hi I belive everyone not deserves to die just because they have an illness that can be prevented. I love helping people and I want all the children to beable to live  in this world and experence different things and get the best education that everyone else that gets it. I belive that we can make 9,000 children's dealths and make them into zero.

Posted by mcamille-96@hotmail.com on Oct 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi everyone!
My name is Maria Camila and I am from Colombia but I'm currently living in the united states. Although, I'm a junior in High School, I have always been in love, and captivated by the UNICEF's work. I love comunity service and helping others. I think when some people are out there with nothing, the least we can do is aid them and let them know that someone is there for them indeed. I'd love to know how to be a part of this comunity, and how I could volunteer for fundraisers and more!
Thank You!
MC

Posted by juliannamurphy on Oct 18, 2013 12:08 pm

HI
My name is Julianna and I'm from Pennsylvania. I just got the email confirming the club that me and my best friend started at our high school. I'm really looking forward to being a part of this community and helping in every way I can!
Julianna

Posted by Mirandamj on Oct 22, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi there!
I'm new to this, I actually discovered UNICEF in a magazine.. I've always wanted to volunteer for something involving children because I absolutely adore kids.

Anyway,
I'm Miranda..I live in ME and really enjoy helping people...I guess that's why I'm here!

Posted by nigar@email.arizona.edu on Oct 24, 2013 4:50 pm

Hi there,

My name is Nigar Fatali. I am a recent University of Arizona grad with a Master's in journalism. I live in NYC.

I am very passionate about human rights, doing good, and youth education. I became a human rights activist at a young age. As a college student in Azerbaijan I was a political activist and defended human rights. I ran a free cinema club for students, which became a social club for young people with different political views. I was one of the leaders on several human rights campaigns for political prisoners in Azerbaijan. As a blogger, I attended and covered peaceful demonstrations against corruption and in support of human rights. I have also actively participated in a local charity group, which advocated for youth education and work with orphanages across the country, assisting them with events coverage and organization.

As a University of Arizona student, I made several presentations on human rights in Azerbaijan, Russia and Iran. I volunteered to work with and covered the experiences of refugee youth at the International Rescue Committee in Tucson; I reported about the Occupy Tucson movement, spending days with the protesters; I wrote about Burmese refugees in Arizona; I reported on media law in Russia and helped unveil injustices in the U.S. immigration process and the inhumane consequences of deportation. I was elected the president of the Society of Professional Journalists’ student chapter, through which I organized live meetings and online talks with bloggers from repressive regimes and created an International Reporters club, in order to promote the ideas of traveling and learning about the world among the American youth.

I am happy to meet you all!

Nigar Fatali

Posted by matthew.ang888@yahoo.com on Oct 24, 2013 9:34 pm

My name is Matt Ang and I ve always wanted to save the world.  I was born in Australia and grew up in the US.  Since my immigration to the US, I ve gained a new appreciation to immense world around me that I want to participate in more activites that will promote humanity.    

Posted by albertowilliamsmedina@gmail.com on Oct 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi! My name is Alberto Williams. I was born and raised in Puerto Rico. I want to introduce myself. I'm open to your friend requests and ideas and I'm eager to speak with anyone of you. I want to make a change happen: "think globally locally". Greetings from Puerto Rico! Good night! ;)!

Posted by amritfms@gmail.com on Oct 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Hi I 'am Amrit and I 'am a attorney working for child rights and gender justice based in New York city. I taken part in several anti-triffciking operation  where we had rescue the girl childs. I found still awareness is lacking. And all of us should be unite to give more awarenss.

Posted by lekham8@gmail.com on Oct 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Hello. I'm new here. I would like to get more information on volunteering in Houston. I enjoy working with children. Being a mom and owning two after school learning centers has made me realize that development of children is my passion. I look forward to working with UNICEF.

Posted by evelynwidodo@hotmail.com on Oct 30, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi all :) I am Evelyn, I am currently a college student and I just cameto USA  two months ago! I always dream to be part of UNICEF. I believe everyone deserves a proper life and I am glad I meet people who share same goal with me :) Together, let's make a difference to the world :)

Posted by aibinhluong@gmail.com on Oct 31, 2013 5:35 am

Hi everyone!
My name is Binh, and I'm from Ha Noi, Viet Nam. I really really love kids. So, helping them from all over the world is the most amazing and beautiful thing ever. I just hope that i could contribute my little effort helping them and making the world a better place. Let's do it together!

Posted by cupmik@hamiltonstudents.org on Nov 3, 2013 12:22 pm

Hello - Im 13 years old and would love to start helping the world. I have no experience so I thought UNICEF would be the perfect start.

Posted by info@sipshopchat.com on Nov 3, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi everyone, Sophia here; I live in Brooklyn NY.   I have a penchant for social justice which comes  from my having to advocate legally and on all fronts for my 14 year old son stricken with cerebral palsy.  I want to use my expertise and talents that God has blessed me with to bring about profound changes in the lives of others.  I am thrilled to be a part of this experience, I'm sure it will bring out the best in me. Task please?

Posted by slavkotunic.01@gmail.com on Nov 6, 2013 9:56 am

hi.. i am Damir SABOLIC..and i am livig in croatia,,
I was in KENIA 2007,, AND I SAW HOW PEOPLE THERE ARE LIVING.. AND I SAW KIDS THAT THEY ARE POOR AND I WAS SAD
I WANT HELPING THEM AND MAKING WORLD HAPPY 

THANK YOU

Posted by tikusitem@live.com on Nov 12, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi everyone! my name is Jane. I was born in Jakarta, Indonesia. However, few months ago, i just moved to Seattle, Washington to pursue my education. Maybe i cannot help people in a big way but i believe that small changes that i make, will make a better world. 

Posted by action_center_admin on Nov 13, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi everyone who is new!

So great to see so many new faces on the Action Center.  We really appreciate all of your support!  For those of you in high school/college/university, have you considered starting or joining a UNICEF High School Club/Campus Initiative?  This is a great way to get involved in the work of UNICEF and to educate, advocate, and fundraise on our behalf!

For those of you who are not in high school or college, you can still join in our mission to reach a day when the number of children who die from preventable causes is not 18,000 but ZERO.  Hosting a fundraiser is a great way to do this.  Under our "Fundraisers" tab, check out our interactive map to see opportunities available in your area.  If there isn't anything in your area at this time, consider starting your own!  Our application is quick and easy and will walk you through all of the logistics.

Thanks for your support and for joining our mission - we are so happy to have you!

Posted by gloriada1@yahoo.com on Nov 14, 2013 6:52 am

Hello all,

My name is Gloria and I am very interested in helping children. I will be glad to help in volunteer activities, educational, contribute a great deal to the quest to end trafficking and have ZERO children dying from preventable causes. I am a Nigerian and I live in the Netherlands. Having heard, read and watched these trafficking stories, I will be very humbled  helping children and youths all over the world have a better life.

Thank you.
Gloria.

Posted by clubneila@live.fr on Nov 14, 2013 7:14 am

Hey Guys ,
I'm Neila from Algeria , I really want to save people's life , especially children who are suffering .
Nice to meet you all :) .

Posted by josephjdeluca@gmail.com on Nov 14, 2013 3:28 pm

Hello to all , I am a new member here I just joined and look forward to meeting and making new friends as well as working together.
I volunteer my time with the Boys & Girls Club in Las Vegas Nevada, and always looking for other;s that need volunteers, Its my way
of giving back, making new friends, meeting new people, making a great connection, learning new things, and a great experience.

I am a handy man by trade and much more:
JDL Is Your Go To Guy For All Your Needs & More, for more information
please feel free to drop me a line.

JDL Is Your Go To Guy For All Your Needs & More. For more information please drop me a line.

Posted by pollypocket on Nov 15, 2013 12:59 pm

Hello, my name is Polly. Im 15 years old and ever since I was little, when I learned my role model Shakira was very involved in UNICEF, I have wanted to help people. I went to an event called We Day with my leadership class put on by Free the Children and ever since I have realized that I want to help children especially. There was a speaker at the event who used to be a child soldier in Ghana I believe and it was so inspiring to hear his story and how he has come back from the tradgedies he has seen. I continued to read the book Free the Children and now in my English class am reading A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah. I want to make a difference in childrens lives, my dream is to one day be a UNICEF ambassador or be able to work firsthand with kids in other countries. Thank you.

Posted by josephjdeluca@gmail.com on Nov 15, 2013 4:21 pm

Hello Polly, 
Nice to see that at such a young age you have great attentions and wish you the very best and feel you would make a great UNICEF ambassador, or work for 
kids in other countries.
I myself would like the same, helping people especailly kids as been a true passion of mine, a way for me to give back and to share what I didn't have or do have with all and teaching them well and to seeing big smiles and see them accheive in life.

JDL Is Your Go To Guy For All Your Needs & More. For more information please drop me a line.

Posted by energizerbonniee@gmail.com on Nov 17, 2013 10:27 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Bonnie and I currently work for the LAUSD as a teacher's assistant at an independent study center for high school students. I have always wanted to work for UNICEF and be a part of this family and make a difference in children's lives and be involved with issues concerning health care, children's rights, children and women trafficking, and most especially education. As a concerned citizen, I want to get into action to help these kids in need. Just the thought of them not only makes me appreciate what I have, but actually share my blessings with them. I know everyone in here feels the same way and I'm glad we all have one goal in common, and that is to help every kid in need.
Sort:

Become a Volunteer

Not yet a registered UNICEF volunteer? Join us!

Included Files

uploaded by awanfeclement