Hi everyone

Hi everyone

Posted by nina_torres91@yahoo.com on Sep 8, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi everyone! :)

My name is Nina and I am studying Pre-Law and Communications at Cal State LA. I am currently applying to a masters program in Human Rights Education. I work for a non-profit and volunteer my time with others. I am a advocate for Children rights, Stop Human Sex Trafficking, Immigration Reform, Stop Poverty, etc. I am always volunteering my time and attending many rallies and campaigns to get the word out on things. I believe in Justice and fighting for people who are unseen in society!! I did several UNICEF volunteer events with my high school as a VP for a club on campus. Great to be back! :)

Re: Hi everyone

Posted by andrea_wister@brown.edu on Sep 8, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi Nina, it sounds like you're doing a lot of very interesting stuff!
Have you considered starting a UNICEF Campus initiative club at your school? I know some of the other Cal State schools have chapters :) Or maybe if you're graduating soon you can find some other people on your campus that's interested as well and helpt them with the process!
In any case, I'm excited to hear more from you :)

Posted by nina_torres91@yahoo.com on Sep 9, 2013 1:04 am

I actually thought about creating a chapter at Cal State LA. It would be really awesome to have it at Cal State LA. I am going to try to look into it and see if I can create one and recuit some people since I will be leaving soon.Thank you for the ideas. I definitely will check it out.  keep in contact. :)

Posted by action_center_admin on Sep 9, 2013 10:37 am

Hi Nina!

Thank you for your interest in UNICEF. UNICEF USA's End Trafficking Team will be hosting a google+ hangout on Wednesday, September 11 from 12pm-1pm. Youth will be talking about how they have been taking action against human trafficking in their own communities and we will be sharing more ideas and resources on how others can get involved! Below is a link to the hangout: 

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c6kj21t94qtr548nhh95qh7efu0

We hope to see you there!

Thank you,
The U.S. Fund for UNICEF

Posted by nina_torres91@yahoo.com on Sep 9, 2013 2:47 pm

Thank you! :) This will be exciting to attend to hear everyone's ideas and what they have done. I definitely want to hear more about this. :) See you Wednesday!
Sort:

Become a Volunteer

Not yet a registered UNICEF volunteer? Join us!

Topic Tags